Computer Science 3710
- January 31, 2004
- January 30, 2004
- Assignment #2 is now due at 11:59pm tonight.
The solutions and the next assignment will be available
- I've delayed posting Assignment #3 and the solutions
to Assignment #2 because I've had some requests for an
extension for Assignment #2. We'll talk more about a
possible extension for Assignment #2 in class today.
- January 29, 2004
- I've rearranged the order of these Notices so that
the more recent notices are at the top of the page.
This should save you the trouble of having to scroll down
to find the most recent notice.
- I have e-mailed out the marks for Assignment #1. If you
submitted an assignment and did not receive your mark
or if you have any questions about the assignment marks,
please let me know.
- E-mail delivery at MUN appears to be
sporatic at best, probably because of the latest Microsoft
Outlook virus circulating around the net. As a
result, you may have trouble contacting me via e-mail.
As a result, I'll try to be in my office most of
Thursday afternoon to answer any questions you may have
on Assignment #2.
- I have received the marks for Assignment #1 from the marker,
but due to the Microsoft Outlook virus, I have been having
trouble getting in contact with him to clarify some issues.
As a result, the marks will probably be delayed. Sorry about
- January 27, 2004
- Some students have been getting the warning:
when compiling programs. This is usually the
result of the
no newline at end of file
kate editor not terminating
the file with a newline. To get rid of the warning,
simply go to the end of the file (after the last closing
brace) and hit
- For Assignment #2, please provide internal documentation
for all your programs. The comments should not be excessive,
but at the same time, they should not be too sparse.
- January 26, 2004
- Due to a scheduling conflict, office hours for this
Wednesday have been changed to Thursday from 2:00pm to 3:00pm
for this week only.
- January 23, 2004
- Due to some conflicts with other assignments from
other courses, it was decided to in class today to move
the due date for Assignment #2 to Thursday, January 29.
- January 22, 2004
- January 14, 2004
- The three books for the course are now on reserve in
- A brief tutorial on using the
command line and the KDE desktop environment is now
- There was a mistake in the big/little endian
conversion example in Assignment #1.
\x56\x78\x9a\xbc in little endian format
should be 3164239958. In big endian format,
it should be 1450744508. The numbers have been
corrected on the assignment. The conversions
given in the original sample input/output section
should still be okay. Sorry for any confusion.
- January 12, 2004
- Assignment #1 is
- Office hours have been determined based upon the
schedules that were submitted on Friday. The office
hours are posted below.
- January 09, 2004
- Most students were in favour of changing the
the schedule to Monday/Wednesdays, 4:00-5:15; but
the results were not unanimous. As a result, we
will have to continue with our original schedule
Last modified: March 1, 2004 18:04:51 NST (Monday)