Back to home
Under construction - I'll add to this as requests come in.
- Brown, E. (1993) - "A Pedagogical Role for Conceptual Models in User-Interface Design", Ph.D. dissertation, University of Toronto.
- Brown, E (1985) M.Sc. dissertation, Computer Science, University of Toronto. Title- "A Windowing Mechanism for Structuring Input".
- Brown, E. (1983) B.Sc. dissertation, Computer Science, Memorial
University of Newfoundland, title- "Some Closest Partition Distances Between Trees".
- Brown, E. and Robertson, C. "Design trade-offs in a low-grade HMD
application" (In progress).
- Brown, E. and Mann, B. "Cognitive effects of frames on pre-computer
activity in student authoring activites", submitted to Journal of
Educational Computing Research.
- Brown, E. and Cass, R. "A Web Page Generator For An On-Line In-Service
Multimedia Teacher Resource Site", 1998 Computers and Technology
in Education, CATE'98, Cancun, Mexico, May 1998. (1998)
- Brown, E. and Kerr, B. "Avoiding the Plug-n-Play Syndrome", 1998 world conference on educational media, Ed-Media'98, Freiburg,
Germany, June 1998 (1998)
- Brown, E. and Robertson, C. "Experiences with a virtual planetarium",
APICS science education conference, St. John's, Canada (1997)
- Mata-Montero, M. and Brown, E. "On the complexity of teaching theories
as least as powerful as propositional logic", Proceedings of International
conference on Information Systems Analysis and Synthesis, Orlando, U.S.A.
- Brown, E., and Chignel, M. "Free form multimedia: author as designer."
In SocioMedia: Multimedia, Hypermedia, and the Social Construction of Knowledge.
E. Barrett, ed. Cambridge, MA: MIT press.(1995).
- Brown, E. "Hypertext and the Nature of Authorship", Fourth
Internation Interdisciplinary Conference, SWGC, Corner Brook, Canada (1994).
- Brown, E., and Chignell, M. "Learning by linking: pedagogical environments
for hypermedia authoring." Journal of Computers in Higher Education
5 (1), 1993, pp.27-39. (1993).
- Chignell, M., and Brown, E. "Free form multimedia for learning
and design." International Multimedia Conference, Trinity College,
- Brown, E., Buxton, W.A.S., and Murtagh, K. "Windows on tablets
as a means of achieving virtual input devices." In Human Computer
Interaction - INTERACT '90, D. Diaper et al (eds.), North-Holland (1990).
- Brown, E. "A user interface management system for an intelligent
workstation." Proceedings of the 3rd annual Esprit conference, Springer-Verlag
- Brown, E., and Day, W.H.E. "A computationally efficient approximation
to the nearest neighbour interchange metric." Journal of Classification
1, 1984, pp. 93-124. (1984)
- Brown, E., Boland, R.P., and Day, W.H.E. "Approximating minimum
length sequence metrics." Mathematical Social Sciences 4, 1983, pp.