Congratulations to all the club members who participated in the very successful Ne-Waza tournament at the club dojo in late March. A good time was had by all!
Here is some important information to note about upcoming events and dates:
1. April 27-28, NLJA High Performance Coordinator Tracy Angus will be visiting St. John’s and holding a series of technical clinics at the MUN Dojo. All club members are invited to attend the sessions! Club members interested in Canada Winter Games should attend all of the Teen/Adult sessions.
Saturday April 27
• 0900-1030 Kids session all clubs & emphasis on coaching kids – all kids (under 13) welcome!
• 1100-1300 Teen/Adults session all clubs
• 1300-1400 Lunch break
• 1400-1600 Teen/Adults session all clubs
• Saturday evening 7-8:30 coaching update session – MUN Dojo – Tracy will discuss the impact of recent rule changes and issues of interest to coaches
Sunday, April 28
• 0930-1130 Teen/Adults session all clubs
• 1130-1300 Break
• 1300-1500 Open session with coaches and interested athletes if people are interested in another session
2. Saint Pierre et Miquelon trip, May 24 -26 , Sensei Maurice invites all of you to be part of the group of 90 (includes parents, athletes of all ages and coaches and Judo clubs from Goose Bay, Gander, Stephenville Crossing and MUN)) going to St. Pierre on May 24 – 26 by ferry from Fortune. Cost is $110.00 per athlete (return Ferry and Road Transportation) with Cheque to MUN Judo or cash to George or Maurice by May 15. Athlete should take another $80.00 for food. Teen Athletes will be billeted in St. Pierre unless they stay with their parent in Dojo; kids will stay with a parent in Dojo. All parents and adult Judoka are welcome to stay free with your own sleeping bag in Dojo or there are hotels available The attached spreadsheet needs to be completed with your information and sent back to me electronically. Please confirm your attendance or if you are not going so I can confirm all reservations for ferry, if you or your parents are driving and how much space you have available for others. If you need more information let me know as I need to finalize all information including road transportation and we will leave St. John’s for Fortune at 7:45AM and drive will take 4.5 hours with lunch in Marystown. Ferry leaves Fortune at 1:30PM on Friday and arrives back in Fortune at 2:45PM on Sunday.
Ferry Web link:
Butokuden Dojo – St. Pierre
If you are interested in going to St. Pierre contact Maurice at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
3. Grading for club members for the winter/spring semester will take place in mid-May. Contact your coach for exact dates
4. End of Judo training for this season
a. Kids Judo will end on Wednesday, June 5
b. Teens and adults will end on Thursday, July 25
c. Some individual training sessions will continue throughout the summer by arrangement with coaches
MUN Judo Club