- No public Twitter messages.
Here are some news items from the club.
- Gift Card Draw – Many thanks to those who contributed cards to the draw and those who purchased tickets. The draw for the cards was held on Jan. 31 and the big winner was Natasha Norris. Congratulations Natasha!
- Winter semester registration is now due. If you haven’t paid for the winter semester yet please see your coach or contact me to make arrangements.
- Upcoming Judo Tournaments
- Atlantic Open Judo Tournament – March 29-31 in Summerside, PEI
- NLJA Spring Provincial Judo Tournament – May 5-6 in St. John’s at the Power Plex. Hosted by our club!
- National Open Judo Championships – May 17-20, Calgary, Alberta
- Quebec Open Judo tournament – Nov. 3-4, Montreal, QC
- Ontario Open Judo Tournament – Nov. 10-11, Toronto, ON
- NLJA Fall Provincial Judo Tournament – November, date and location TBA
- Canada Winter Games Judo Tournament – February 2019, Red Deer, AB
Anyone planning to attend the Atlantic Open or National Open Judo Tournament is asked to notify Coach Eileen Parsons email@example.com by Feb. 15 at the latest.
- New Club Name – reminder to get your suggestions for a new club name in by the end of February. We are proud of our history but we need to change our name to better match the community based judo club that we have become! Send your suggestions to me by email.
- Our club is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. We will have a dinner celebration in conjunction with the Provincial Judo tournament on the evening of Saturday May 5. Dr. Yves Le Gal the founder of our club will be in attendance. Mark your calendars and plan to join us for this celebration of our 50th birthday! All members past and present are invited to attend.
- Call for volunteers for the Provincial Tournament on May 4-6 and the club anniversary. We need volunteers to help with registration, weigh-in, score keeping, announcing, and general arrangements for the tournament and our anniversary dinner. Judo expertise is not required for most of these positions. If you are interested in helping out please email me.
This is a reminder that the draw date for the gift cards will be Wednesday, January 31. Anyone still holding tickets is asked to sell the remainder and pass in to Parent’s Committee on Saturday, Jan. 27.
Any questions should be directed to Matthew Hudson firstname.lastname@example.org
Also a reminder that anyone who did not pay full year registration in the Fall is now due to pay registration for the Winter semester. The registration fee information is on the club web site at http://www.cs.mun.ca/~munjudo/?page_id=43
Applications for the Premier’s Athletic Awards program are available and must be submitted to the Newfoundland & Labrador Judo Association before the end of January. The Premier’s Athletic Awards recognizes athletic excellence and provides financial support to help offset costs incurred through training and competition. They are open to athletes training for competition and are awarded on a competitive basis based on demonstrated athletic ability and merit. Information about the awards programs and the application forms are available at the Sport NL web site http://www.sportnl.ca/funding/ If you are interested in applying for this contact Maurice Sheppard email@example.com by Thursday Jan. 11 at the latest.
Reminder that Winter Semester classes begin this week using the same schedule as the Fall semester.
MUN Judo will end Fall Semester classes for the XMAS season as of the following dates:
Children – Wednesday Dec. 13
Teens/Cadets – Saturday, Dec. 23
Adults/Seniors – Thursday, Dec. 21
Classes for the winter semester will resume on the normal schedule as of Monday, Jan. 8.
Reminder also of the Knights of Honor Judo Club tournament – December 16 2017 starting at 9 AM with warmup at 8:30 AM. The tournament is held here in St. John’s. For more information and to register for the tournament contact George Gillet at firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of MUN Judo we wish all of you a safe and happy Holiday Season!