Welcome to Javad Rahimipour Anaraki’s Homepage
I am a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Computer Science, Memorial University of Newfoundland, supervised by Dr. Samet, Dr. Banzhaf and Dr. Usefi. I am developing a new robust and scalable feature selection method by analyzing geometric characteristics of datasets to effectively decrease model complexity and reduce the effect of noise, aiming to improve resulting classification accuracy. I am working with Dr. Fuller at Walkabilly lab, on detecting transportation modes and different types of physical activates through analyzing data-streams sourcing from smartphones and wearable smart devices. I am also working with Dr. Smith on analyzing internal jugular vein ultrasound images to predict patient sitting position.
I received my Master degree from the Department of Computer Engineering at Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman under the supervision of Dr. Eftekhari and Dr. Mohammadi, where I have proposed a set of improvements on existing fuzzy-rough set based feature selection methods.
I received my Bachelor degree from the Department of Computer Engineering at Shahid Ashrafi Esfahani University, supervised by Dr. Kaedi, where I have designed a framework based on self-organizing map neural networks to distinguish Persian handwritten digits.
· Feature Selection
· Machine Learning
· Artificial Intelligence
· Fuller, D., Dorani, F., Luan, H., Anaraki, J. R., Mohtasham, M. B., Predicting sleep, sedentary behaviour, and physical activity from commercially available wearable devices using Rotation Forest models, 7th International Society for Physical Activity and Health Congress (ISPAH), London, UK, 2018 [Link]
· Anaraki, J. R., Samet, S., Banzhaf, W., & Eftekhari, M. (2016). A New Fuzzy-Rough Hybrid Merit to Feature Selection. In Transactions on Rough Sets XX (pp. 1-23). Springer Berlin Heidelberg [Link] [Code]
· Anaraki, J. R., SadeghiBoroujerdi, A., Bozorgi, A., Samet, S., HearMe: An Automated Transcripts, Sign Language, and Keywords Generator, e-Health Annual Conference & Tradeshow, Vancouver, BC, 2016 [Link]
· Anaraki, J. R., Samet, S., Lee, J. H., & Ahn, C. W. (2015). SUFFUSE: Simultaneous Fuzzy-Rough Feature-Sample Selection. Journal of Advances in Information Technology Vol, 6(3) [Link]
· Anaraki, J. R., Privacy Preserving Feature Selection, 12th Annual Computer Science and Scientific Computing Student Research Forum, Memorial University, St. John's, 2015 [Link]
· Anaraki, J. R., Eftekhari, M., & Ahn, C. W. (2015). Novel Improvements on the Fuzzy-Rough QuickReduct Algorithm. IEICE TRANSACTIONS on Information and Systems, 98(2), 453-456 [Link]
· Anaraki, J. R., Ahn, C. W., Fuzzy-Rough Sample Selection, 4th International Workshop on Computer Science and Engineering (WCSE), Dubai, pages: 22-29, 2014 [Link]
· Lee, J. H., Anaraki, J. R., Ahn, C. W., & An, J. (2015). Efficient classification system based on Fuzzy–Rough Feature Selection and Multitree Genetic Programming for intension pattern recognition using brain signal. Expert Systems with Applications, 42(3), 1644-1651 [Link]
· Anaraki, J. R., & Eftekhari, M. (2013, May). Rough Set Based Feature Selection: A Review. In Information and Knowledge Technology (IKT), 2013 5th Conference on (pp. 301-306). IEEE [Link]
· Robati, A., Barani, G. A., Pour, H. N. A., Fadaee, M. J., & Anaraki, J. R. P. (2012). Balanced Fuzzy Particle Swarm Optimization. Applied Mathematical Modelling, 36(5), 2169-2177 [Link]
· Kamyab, S., Eftekhari, M., & Anaraki, J. R. (2012, May). A Novel Rough Set Based Dissimilarity Measure and Its Application in Multimodal Optimization. In Artificial Intelligence and Signal Processing (AISP), 2012 16th CSI International Symposium on (pp. 180-185). IEEE [Link]
· Anaraki, J. R., Nezam Abadi-pour, H. (2011, May). An Improved ACO Based Edge Detection, In 2011 19th Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering (pp. 2173-2178). IEEE (in Persian) [Link]
Department of Computer Science
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL, A1B 3X5 Canada
Tel: +1 (709) 864-2457
Email: jra066 [AT] mun [DOT] ca