Computer Science 3710: Vocational Languages (Winter 2000)
- Course information
(office hours, evaluation scheme, books, etc.).
- Course Diary
- Assignments page
- In-class midterm (C):
- Take-home midterm (Perl):
(PLEASE READ THIS FIRST),
- Marks (As of April 26, 2000)
- Final exam:
Notes on final exam.
- Course notes:
- May 2, 10:10am
Final exam answers posted.
- Apr 26, 2:30pm
Marks page updated.
- Apr 25, 9:30am
Assignment #2, #4, and #5 returned; see file cabinet in basement of
Engineering by EN-1054.
- Apr 17, 11:05am
Answers posted for assignments #4 and #5.
- Apr 4, 2:00pm
- Marks page posted (see link above).
- Assignment #1 and #3 returned; see file cabinet in basement of
Engineering by EN-1054.
- Mar 29, 6:30pm
- Assignment #6 has been cancelled; the 60% allocated for
assignments will now be split over the first five assignments,
and the lowest of these five marks will be dropped (that is,
each of your best four assignments will be worth 15% of
your term mark).
- Deadline for assignment #4 extended 5 days to Wednesday, Apr 5.
- Mar 28, 11:00am
Program submit-assignment enabled for assignment #5.
- Mar 21
- Java book (Naughton (1996)) placed on reserve in
library (4:30 PM).
- Answers posted for assignment #3 (4:00 PM).
- Take-home (practice) Perl midterm and answers posted (2:00 PM).
- Mar 14, 2:25pm
Errors in sample sentences for question #2 of assignment #3
fixed (found by Ian Gillispie (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Mar 12, 6:00pm
Assignment #4 posted.
- Mar 10, 10:45am
Answers posted for assignment #2.
- Mar 7
- Java course textbook placed on reserve in the library (5:00 PM).
- Program submit-assignment enabled for assignment #3
- In-class midterm and midterm answers posted (3:00 PM).
- Assignment #5 posted (2:20 PM).
- Mar 6, 6:10pm
- Deadline for assignment #3 extended 5 days to Wednesday, Mar 15.
- Official handing back and discussion of midterm will be done
in EN-1054 on Wednesday, March 8 after class from 5 to 6 PM.
- Feb 28, 7:00pm
Answers posted for assignment #1.
- Feb 28, 6:10pm
Deadline for assignment #2 extended 5 days to Monday, Mar 6.
- Feb 28, 12:00am
Program submit-assignment enabled for assignment #2.
- Feb 25, 1:55pm
Bugs in assignment #3, question #2 specification fixed
(pointed out by Ed Browne (email@example.com)):
- Last of example sentences for pattern should read
"If you are murdering Citizen Boula, fine by me." instead of
"If you are murdering Boula, fine by me.".
- In descriptiuon of how to use test-asn, please
out -t in front of "all" on command line to
prevent asking if you want to do all tests.
- Feb 23, 7:10pm
Test suite posted for assignment #2.
- Feb 23, 5:25pm
Assignment #3 posted.
- Feb 16, 7:10pm
Assignment #2 posted.
- Feb 16, 12:30pm
Subpage on Perl up and running; copies of Perl textbooks placed
on reserve in the library.
- Feb 6, 6:30pm
Deadline for assignment #1 extended two days to Wednesday, Feb 9.
- Feb 3, 11:00am
Java textbook ordered from bookstore and description placed on
course info page.
- Feb 2, 11:45am
Deadline for assignment #1 extended three days to Monday, Feb 7.
- Feb 2, 10:45am
Test sets for assignment #1 mounted and ready (1a, 1b, 1c);
assignments home page updated with instructions on how to
automatically test and submit assignments, and course info
home page as well.
- Jan 28, 3:35pm
Deadline for assignment #1 extended two days to Friday, Feb 4.
- Jan 21, 3:45pm
Course diary created to date.
- Jan 20, 5:55pm
Various materials placed on reserve in the QE II library -- namely,
C textbook, Ritchie (1993), Pratt and Zelkowitz (1995), and two
resource CD-ROMs created by Joseph Bass (see references listed
at end of course diary).
- Jan 18, 6:05pm
Assignment #1 posted.
- Jan 17, 2:30pm
Open for business!
This page is adapted from that for CS3710 (Winter 1999)
created by Mike Rendell.
Created: January 17, 2000
Last Modified: May 2, 2000