- LDAP Service Provider
- Support for LDAPS URLs.
- DNS Service Provider
- An Internet Domain Naming System (DNS) service provider has been added. This component enables applications to read data stored in the DNS.
- Security Enhancements to the LDAP Service Provider
- These enhancements bring the LDAP service provider in conformance with standard LDAP security requirements (RFC 2829) and promote better interoperability with widely deployed LDAP servers.
- Support for the "Start TLS" (Transport Layer Security) extension (RFC 2830) and External SASL authentication mechanism. This enables applications to establish secure sessions over existing LDAP connections. This feature introduces two new classes.
- Support for the GSS-API/Kerberos v5 SASL authentication mechanism (RFC 2222). This enables secure, authenticated access to the Windows 2000 and XP Active Directory servers.
- Support for the Digest-MD5 SASL authentication mechanism (RFC 2831).
See the LDAP Service Provider documentation and the JNDI Tutorial for details and examples.
- "corbaname" and "corbaloc" URL Support
- The COS naming service provider supports the Interoperable Naming Service (INS) specification (99-12-03). This enables applications to use the "corbaname" URL from the initial context and to configure the provider by using the "corbaname" and "corbaloc" URLs.