AWT 1.1 Graphics & Image enhancements
last updated: October 30, 1996
A number of graphics and imaging enhancements are being provided as
of version 1.1 of the JavaTM platform.
The following links take you to documentation
detailing the issues and the new APIs developed to solve the problems.
- New methods to set and reset the Graphics Clip.
- New image rendering methods capable of
simultaneously cropping, scaling, and flipping an image on the fly.
- New image scaling behavior and mechanisms
were created to address some issues which were causing confusion with the
- New animation capabilities were added to
- New PixelGrabber methods were added to
answer some needs we heard from the developer community.
Send feedback to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 1996, Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights